Friday, September 20, 2013

NEVER FORGET THEIR SACRIFICES

For those of you who are unaware, today is National POW/MIA Recognition Day in the United States. In commemoration of the sacrifices and service of the thousands of military personnel identified as either prisoners of war or missing in action since the Vietnam War, I would urge everyone to take a moment to remember them and their families. May God bless them and see clear their way home.

A POW’S PRAYER – By Henry R. Tavares


God, please grant me
The courage and endurance
To persevere at the hands
Of my enemies.

Please endow me with the presence
Of mind to always remember
Who and what I am.

Gift me with the needed fortitude
To resist all torture and deprivation
Be it mental or physical.

And most of all dear lord
Grant unto me the power and ability
To keep my soul and resolve,
American, to the core.

No comments:

Post a Comment